About the Customer
Company: Kings Construction
Project Location: Wichita, Kansas
- The first bridge consisted of single-column piers with hammerhead caps. These 4′-6″ x 4′-6″ (1.4 m x 1.4 m) piers ranged in height from 41′-6″ to 47′ (12.6 m to 14.3 m) tall.
- The second bridge contained two- and three-column piers. The pier caps spanned over all of the columns. The pier caps were 4′-6″ wide x 4′-6″ tall (1.4 m x 1.4 m) and ranged in length from 22′-7″ to 31′-4″ (6.9 m to 9.6 m).
- All of the pier caps required the use of a brick pattern form liner that was attached directly to the steel face of the form.
The project addressed several of the heaviest traffic movements between I-235 and U.S. 54/400 running east and west through Wichita, Kansas.
- Hands-on training with the EFCO PLATE GIRDER® at EFCO’s Concrete Construction and Forming Institute
- Using the Self-Spanning PLATE GIRDER® system, the pier forms were bolted together on the ground with the EFCO Quick Bolt® and hoisted into place in two picks.
- The EFCO steel form delivers the highest quality concrete finish.