About the Customer
Company: Southern Contracting, LLC out of Newbern, Tennessee
Project Location: Devalls Bluff, Arkansas
Create a supplemental water supply for irrigation to eastern portions of the Grand Prairie region of Eastern Arkansas. The project’s primary purpose is to reduce the heavy demands farmers place on the Quaternary aquifer where the ground water is found.
- Pump station will pump water via two, ten-foot diameter pipes into the outfall structure where the water will begin its estimated 60-mile journey via canal through Eastern Arkansas
- The structure itself was 36′ x 40′ (11 m x 12.2 m) with 26′ (7.9 m) high exterior walls and a 35′ (10.7 m) tall center wall, which included an upper walkway and a short bridge span for access
- From the early stages of planning, Tim Orr of Southern Contracting met with EFCO professionals to discuss and develop formwork solutions
- A trip to EFCO’s Concrete Construction and Forming Institute was crucial in becoming more familiar with EFCO’s equipment and practicing proper safety procedures while using the formwork
- EFCO’s PLATE GIRDER® forming system was chosen for its strength and versatility for the outfall structure
Having used EFCO’s PLATE GIRDER® form system for the first time, for me it is the safest and most efficient form system I have ever used. The fact the steel framing lined with a solid steel face make for a very rigid panel that is safe to work off of and safe from ruptures. Also, the finish that the steel face provides is a far better quality product than other form systems I have used. Last but not least, the EFCO management team was really great to work with, ensuring the system was put together properly and readily available at any time throughout the building process to troubleshoot or make last-minute changes in a timely manner. I would suggest anyone building concrete structures to definitely use EFCO’s forming and shoring systems.
– Derick Hinson, Project Superintendent