EFCO formwork maintenance guide
EFCO Formwork Maintenance
Protecting your formwork investment
The concrete industry is constantly evolving with new products and technologies, and for decades, EFCO has innovated new ways to solve challenges facing concrete construction professionals worldwide. Our highly engineered concrete forming and shoring equipment meet the highest standards in safety, improving efﬁciency and protecting your budget. In our partnership with Nox-Crete Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative concrete chemical solutions, we have brought you various products to help keep your formwork performing and looking their best.
Removal of FORM GUARD after storage
Step 1: Apply & Scrub
Apply Nox-Crete’s Bio-Clean Ready 6 using a sprayer or scrub brush. Scrub surface as needed to dissolve form treatment and other contaminants.
Step 2: Rinse & Dry
After scrubbing, rinse with water and immediately dry all surfaces with rags, squeegee, or blower.
Step 3: Apply Release Agent
Before applying any release agent, make sure that the form surfaces are dry completely. Apply release agent on all treated surfaces as soon as possible to minimize the potential for corrosion.
Nox-Crete Bio-Clean Ready 6™
Citrus-based cleaner/degreaser that penetrates through concrete form oil and steel form corrosion inhibitor residue for safe and effective removal
- Fast-acting for quick and effective removal of Form Guard and many other non-drying form treatments from form surfaces
- 100% biodegradable, non-toxic—safer than petroleum solvent-based cleaner/strippers
- Slow drying formulation ensures deep penetration and thorough removal of form treatments
- Fresh citrus scent
Removal of concrete build-up
To remove excess concrete buildup, apply Blast-Off using Nox-Crete’s Pump Foamer, which is specially designed to create a thick, rich foam that clings to surfaces to help Blast-Off to remove concrete buildup.
Step 1: Apply Blast-Off
Agitating the foam with a stiff bristle scrub brush can help expedite the process to help soften the excess concrete.
Step 2: Rinse
Rinse Blast-Off with clean water using a hose or pressure washer. To prevent ﬂ ash corrosion caused by chloride-containing municipal water, apply Nox-Crete Blast-off Neutralizer before rinsing.
Concrete Buildup and Splatter Remover
- Extremely fast-acting
- Eliminates costly damage or wear caused by other cleaning methods such as scraping, hammering, or aggressive media blasting
- Perfect for steel formwork
- Can be used on aluminum, steel, plastic, glass, ﬁberglass, rubber, and painted metal surfaces, including tools and power equipment
- Nox-Crete BLAST-OFF cannot be used on galvanized surfaces
- Meets all Federal and state VOC requirements
- BLAST-OFF is sold in 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon drums, and 275-gallon totes.
Do you have a Question?
We are ready to assist you in finding the best forming and shoring solutions for your construction projects.