Jericho Reservoir – Township of Langley, BC, Canada
About the Customer
Company: North America Construction (1993) LTD.
Project Location: Township of Langley, BC, Canada
- 30′ (9 m) tall exterior walls which tilt 5 degrees inward
- Installing 9′-7 3/16″ (2.9 m) wide form liners to almost the full wall height that do not allow for tie penetration
- This site-specific modular design kept the tie spacing to a very specific location that complemented the architectural finish requirement
Phase 1 of the project involves the construction of a dual cell, 5.4 MGal (20.6ML) reinforced concrete potable water reservoir, and a main valve control chamber. The reservoir is an above ground structure which will have a community park on the roof to allow the residents of the nearby communities to enjoy the space.
- EFCO’s PLATE GIRDER with varying heights, as well as a specially designed tie panel
- The contractor was able to span across the form liners and transfer the 9′-7 3/16″ (2.9 m) wide x 30′ (9 m) tall load to ties installed on the sides of the liner