Company: MOVICON S.A.S.
Project Location: Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
The Gran Manzana Shopping Center with approximately 755,000 ft2 (70,000 m2) of construction is a very important project within the development plan of the southern area of the city of Cartagena.
- Equipment that would enable the aerial beams to be shored to an approximate height of 20 ft (6 m)
- Large bearing capacity because of the weight, heights and variable thickness of the beams
- The equipment needed to be set up and cycled quickly
- E-Z DECK® table system that, thanks to its large load capacity of up to 124.5 kN (28 kip) per post, enabled the beams to be shored with less equipment
- E-Z DECK tables can be assembled lying on the ground and lifted into place, reducing the work height and providing greater safety to workers
- Eight E-Z DECK Panels and the short towers only needed four panels
- Built-in hinged jaw Panel Clamps that secure them to the posts with just a hammer blow
- Built-in Panel Clamps, fewer accessories are needed
- HEF – versatility, variety of panel sizes, simple mechanics and ease of use not to mention the quality finish an all-steel face sheet forming system can provide
We found the EFCO team to be easy to work with. Their engineering support, engineering plans, help with assembly and cycling of the different systems and good support during the construction process impressed and helped us the most; thus, achieving higher assembly speed and better finishes.
-Joaquín Esquivia, Project Director