Hinkley Point A Nuclear Power Station
About the Customer
Company: Stephenson Shell & Core
Project Location: Somerset, England
Two structures: a storage tank and a Modular ILW Encapsulation Plant (MILWEP), which is used to encapsulate the waste in concrete boxes for interim storage on site.
- Achieving an excellent concrete finish
- Minimal joints and fewer tie holes
- Precision-built formwork provides excellent panel joint alignment, eliminates offsets and minimizes grout leakage
- Field supervisor on-site with Toolbox Safety Talk, which shortens the learning cycle of using equipment by demonstrating a step by step process for the fastest and safest assembly and cycling of the equipment
The results speak for themselves—quality products with good support helped produce the ISF at Hinkley Point A.
– Mike Hacker, Regional Director