About the Customer
Company: MVN Associates, Inc.
Project Location: Long Island City, New York
- 5′ (1.5m) tall foundation walls, 360-degree formed at the same time in one pour
- New fuel tank with just under 1M gallon (3.8M liter) capacity
- Outside dike wall with a diameter of 113′-6″ (34.6m) and an offset inside tank shell with an 82′-6″ (25.1 m)
Ravenswood Generating Plant is owned and operated by LS Power/Helix Ravenswood, LLC. It was first commissioned in 1963 and has the capacity to supply New York City and the surrounding boroughs with 2,480 MW of energy through the Vernon and Rainey Substations. There are currently five operational units that are powered by fuel oil and natural gas.
- Panels fastened together with the EFCO Quick Bolt®, the fastest and lightest form fastener available
- Steel-faced forms will consistently produce the same high-quality concrete finish throughout a project
- 360-degree ring poured in one day