Project Location: Mexico City, Mexico
The Río San Joaquín 498 office building is being built in Polanco, one of the most exclusive areas of Mexico City. This area is home to cultural venues such as museums and galleries. Also, companies, embassies, and leisure businesses such as restaurants, luxury stores, and shopping malls which are characterized by their cultural diversity.
- Nineteen floors of Class A offices with an area of 24,200 ft2 (2,248 m2) per floor
- Eight basements are 70,000 ft2 (6,500 m2), each equating to 40% of the building’s total construction
- Must meet highest architectural, structural, safety specifications, meeting or exceeding the international building code for mechanical, electrical, and safety requirements
- Weather protection for workers while protecting pedestrians from falling debris
- The ability to safely assemble E-Z DECK shoring towers on the ground
- The ability to assemble panels into large gangs on the ground. This advantage, requires less crane time and reduces a requirement of working at difficult heights
- E-Z DECK shoring system was chosen because of its load capacity, requiring less equipment per area. This meant less crane movements and labor, increasing performance and maintaining safety standards
- Increased worker productivity with safer work area with EFCO POWER SHIELD
The main beneficial characteristics found in EFCO systems are the high performance, the quality of the concrete finishes and the safety EFCO products offer during construction.
-Sergio Montoya Tijerina, Project Manager